OceanDrivers has successfully accomplished EasyCurrents R+D+i campaign regarding real-time current measurements. Four EasyCurrents prototype buoys have undertaken several tests, regarding both functionality and precision, and have excelled in every aspect:
- Easy handling and simple operative and functionality have been verified.
- Buoy ranges have proved to be up to 100m.
- Current measurements have been used in order to locate other floating buoys (with a 2-hour time lapse).
- Results will be compared to those obtained by an existing current radar, aiming to be successfully matched.
- Software has been proved to be user-friendly and very easy to manage.
In all, the campaign has been very useful in order to progress with the project, which will hopefully be released very soon.
Check out the campaign track below: